Homemade Banana Hair Mask | DIY

4:29:00 pm


My hair has been looking dull and feeling very dry recently so I thought it was time for a pick me up. As I didn't have any hair masks on me at the time, I thought I would make my own one using ingredients in my kitchen which you're sure to have lying around! This hair mask is simple and easy, lets gets started. 

Ingredients
- 1 whole Banana
- 2 tbsp of Milk 
- 1 tsp of Honey (optional)

Step 1
Peel your banana and chop it into pieces so that it's easier to mash. If it's too solid try putting it in the microwave for 30 seconds just to soften it up. You could use a hand mixer for this but seeing as I don't have one I'm just using a fork. You need to make sure that you mash your banana up pretty well to get as much of the lumps out as you can, as you don't want chunks of banana in your hair. It'll be a nightmare to get out.




Step 2
Once you've mashed up your banana to best you can, you now add in 2 tablespoons of milk. This is going to liquefy the mixture so that it's easier to apply onto your hair. It'll also help to get more of the chunks out of the banana. 




Step 3
When the milk is all mixed in with the banana, you should have a pretty liquid mixture going on. It may look pretty disgusting but I promise you that it does wonders to your hair. Next add 1 teaspoon of Honey, bare in mind that this step is completely optional. I like adding honey because it adds moisture to my hair and makes it feel extremely soft. Once you've added your honey make sure to mix well. 



And there you have it! How easy was that? 



The hair mask itself is great for dehydrated or damaged hair that needs a little pick me up. It's very cheap as it only uses 3 kitchen ingredients. You must try this! Let me know what you guys think?




fading tulips x






You Might Also Like

0 comments