Slider

MY TOP FIVE: DRUGSTORE MASCARAS

Monday, 28 July 2014


When it comes to mascaras, I always tend to reach towards the drugstore types as I believe that there is hundreds of amazing drugstore mascaras that will work just as good as some high end mascara but for a much cheaper price. I have rounded up my top five drugstore mascaras that have worked wonders for my lashes. 

Kelly Brook Black Mascara | £3.99 I actually found this little gem whilst shopping in New Look a while back. First off, I'd like to mention about how beautiful the rose gold packaging is, just gorgeous. This mascara has a rubbery brush which is supposed to give off a fluttery effect on your eyelashes which I find it does exactly that. I would say that you'd need to apply a few coats of this mascara to get some volume because if I'm honest, it doesn't give off the best volume - although it leaves your eyelashes looking very butterfly(ish). 

Collection Supersize Fat Lash Mascara | £2.99 This mascara claims to be 'super-volumising for big, bold lashes'. This mascara does tend to smudge a tad underneath the eye at the end of the day but apart from that, it's one of my favourite mascaras I've tried out. It does give you big, bold lashes and it does have that volumising effect. You only have to use a good 1 or 2 coats of this mascara to see the full effects of it which is perfect because you know that this will end up lasting you a very long time. 

Rimmel London Scandaleyes Mascara | £6.99 If you're looking for a mascara that makes your lashes look 10 times more longer then look no further than Rimmel London Scandaleyes. This gives you beautifully long and fuller lashes that last all day. I personally like using this mascara for my bottom lashes as I feel as if it separates them nicely as well as adding extra lengthening to my bottom lashes. The tube of this mascara is so thick and bulky that it lasts you for ages and I personally think that the thickness of the brush makes it a lot more easy to apply.

Rimmel Volume Flash x10 Waterproof Mascara | £5.99 Let me tell you, this was an absolute life saver! I bought this mascara purely because I was going to see The Fault in our Stars at the cinema and I knew for a fact that I would be crying by the time I get out. It worked perfectly. I applied this mascara just before I left and when I came out after crying out so many tears, I had no black mascara running down my face at all and it didn't budge once. I was so impressed and shocked at how well it managed to work. I now use this as a daily mascara. My eyes have a tendency to water a lot as I suffer from bad hayfever so I simply just use this mascara and I have no need to worry about it running down my face for the rest of the day. Simply amazing. 

Bourjois 1001 Lashes Mascara | £3.42 I like this mascara a lot due to the curved wand. It's supposed to follow the natural shape of your eye for a much easier and nicer application. I do find that this mascara can tend to clump a bit if you apply more coats as it does dry quickly and a lot of product goes onto your lashes, however if you use a single coat it will separate your lashes beautifully. It's a rubbery textured wand which is going to give you a fluttery effect on your lashes just like the Kelly Brook Mascara does. I also like to point out that this mascara does last long, it doesn't dry out too quickly therefore you could get a lot of use out of this product. 



What are your top five mascaras?

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan