Slider

10 BEAUTY TIPS USING VASELINE

Thursday, 23 October 2014


Vaseline is a product which has been out for years, it has become the generic name for Petroleum Jelly which is a translucent jelly consisting of a mixture of hydrocarbons, used as lubricant or an ointment. When I was younger, I always thought Vaseline was used just for chapped lips but as I've grown and learned more about beauty, I have learnt that Vaseline is great for a variety of different things. I'm going to share with you some beauty tips using Vaseline which I have been doing for years.

1. Apply to your eyelashes
Sounds strange but it works wonders. Applying Vaseline to your eyelashes helps condition and moisturize your eyelashes making them stronger and less likely to shed. It also helps with the growth of your eyelashes, it helps speed up the growth process and also makes the new eyelashes that are growing in much more thicker and longer. I like to apply Vaseline to my eyelashes using a clean mascara wand every night before I go to bed and I have seen a massive difference in them, they are stronger and healthier plus there not as dry as they used to be. 

2. Chapped lips
I think this is the most obvious tip and what people use Vaseline for the most. If you have really chapped lips like I do, especially in the colder months, then Vaseline is the solution for that. Just apply a fair amount onto your lips and once it has sunk in, you will have smooth kissable lips. 

3. Apply before spraying your perfume
If you're going out for the night and you want your perfume to last throughout the whole evening even after all the dancing then apply a thin layer of Vaseline on your neck and wrists before you spray your perfume. Once you've sprayed it, the Vaseline will help the scent stay on for much longer.

4. Moisturize your skin
What most people don't know is that Vaseline is an excellent moisturizer for people with dry skin. Using this on cracked elbows or even any dry patches that you have on your skin and it will work wonders.

5. Makeup remover
Vaseline is amazing for getting rid of any unwanted makeup. Whenever I muck up my makeup, I always getting a bit of Vaseline on a cotton bud and simply wipe it away. It comes straight off. You could also use this as a cleanser at night time to take off all your face makeup then just wash it off with some warm water, not only does it take off makeup but it also helps to keep your skin soft. 

6. Eyeshadow primer
Apply a very thin layer of Vaseline to your eyelids and let it completely soak in before you start putting eyeshadow on. This works as a great eye primer and it helps your eye makeup stay on throughout the day/night. You HAVE to make sure it has completely sunk in before you apply eyeshadows though otherwise it'll just slide off.

7. Help heal tattoos
If you have recently gotten a new tattoo then apply Vaseline to it once a day to help keep the moisture in and to help it heal a bit faster. Vaseline is very good at moisturizing skin and tattoos have a tendency to scab however if you apply Vaseline it'll help it scab less and heal quickly.

8. Apply on teeth
This trick is mainly used by celebrities or beauty contestants. Applying a thin layer of this onto the front of your teeth will help stop lipstick from getting onto it. This trick is perfect is you're going on a night out and you're wearing a bold coloured lipstick. 

9. Apply on hairline when using dye
If you're someone who likes to dye their hair a lot (me included) you will know how much of a pain it can be when you get dye all over the sides of your face and the back of your neck. Before dying your hair, make sure to apply a layer of Vaseline around your hairline and neck to assure that you don't get any staining.

10. Add sea salt
This tip is leaning more towards to the people that suffer with dry skin. Adding a bit of sea salt to Vaseline acts as a great exfoliator for your body. I like to keep some Vaseline mixed with sea salt in a mason jar in the bathroom so that I can exfoliate my body every time I take a shower or bath, it leaves my body feeling amazing. 

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan