Slider

TOP 3: DRUGSTORE FOUNDATIONS

Wednesday, 8 October 2014


Foundation is a daily essential for me. I use it for whenever I'm going out for the day. Sometimes I have very long days at work therefore I'm always looking out for that foundation which will last throughout the whole day without having to touch up. I have rounded up my top 3 drugstore foundations as these are the ones that I use the most on a day to day basis. 

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation believe it or not was my first ever liquid foundation that I tried. All I ever used for foundation was the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse and I was using that for a good 3 or 4 years. Around 2 years ago, I started getting a lot more involved in make up and different types of it plus my matte mousse foundation was making my skin extremely dry and flaky which isn't a good look. I then decided to invest in a liquid foundation, Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation was the one I picked out and I have been using it ever since. It's a very light to medium coverage foundation but you can easily build it up to what ever you prefer. It glides on the face so smoothly and it also smells amazing! It has a anti-fatigue effect which helps make you look more awake and it also includes a radiant glow so it makes your skin look healthy. I love this foundation for every day wear and I have found that it lasts a good 8 hours before you need to touch it up again. 

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation is the most expensive foundation out of these three. Retailing in stores for £9.99. This is an interesting foundation as it is enriched with a fruit therapy formula to enhance your complexion - this includes Apricot for radiance, Melon for hydration and Apple to protect your youth. I find that this product evens out my complexion really well and it leaves my skin with a beautiful flawless finish. I tend to get quite dry skin during the winter, but I have noticed that this foundation doesn't cling to any dry patches on my face, it does the complete opposite by leaving my face very hydrated throughout the day. 

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation I find this foundation quite similar to the Wake Me Up foundation but without the anti-fatigue effect. It smells the same and it glides onto the skin smoothly, it also leaves the same finish as the Wake Me Up foundation. This foundation includes Light Perfecting Radiance which is basically supposed to make your skin look amazing no matter what light you are in. It has a Sapphire Radiance which gives your skin a beautiful glow. The formula of this foundation is very liquidy so it's a light coverage but it can be build-able to your preference. The other day I went to a family event wearing this foundation and I was complimented on it and someone said to me that it has stayed on really well. I got home and noticed that my foundation has in fact stayed on throughout the entire day/night, I was so impressed. 

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan