Slider

CURRENT SKINCARE ESSENTIALS & ROUTINE

Tuesday, 13 January 2015




I like to switch up my skincare products every once in a while as I'm always on the hunt for new products that help my skin a bit better. I have recently found a pretty consistent skincare routine which seems to work wonders for my sensitive skin. These products are my go-to current skincare essentials which I use on a daily basis. 

When it comes to taking my makeup off, I don't use any sort of makeup wipe. I have very sensitive skin and I have found that near enough every makeup wipe I use irritates the crap out of my skin. My face till turn bright red, it'll start to itch and it will also start to swell up. When I discovered 'cleansing balms' I was completely over the moon. I started to use The Body Shop's Chamomile Cleansing Balm which I really enjoyed using until I discovered the magic of Clinique's Take The Day Off Cleansing Milk which takes my makeup off like a charm. I simply wet my face with some warm water, use two or three pumps of this and work it into my fingers and I then massage it all over my face but I avoid my eyes. Once I've massaged this in for about 2 minutes, I rinse it off with some warm water. This cleansing milk dissolves my makeup very easily and leaves my face feeling extra clean and refreshed. 

The reason as to why I avoid my eyes with the cleansing milk, is because I use a different product which is purely designed to get rid of eye makeup. This is the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water which is used to remove face, eye and lip makeup, however I purely just use this on my eyes. I pour a generous amount of this onto a cotton pad, press gently over my eyes and hold it there for about 30 seconds and simply wipe away. If there's any excess product that's still clinging onto my eyes then I will get a cotton bud with the cleansing water on it and gently massage my eyelashes. This product does a good job of getting rid of eye makeup and even waterproof makeup. There's no need to rinse your eyes with water afterwards either which is handy. 

When it comes down to washing and moisturizing my skin, I use the Clinique's 3 Step Skin Care in type 2: Dry Combination skin. I only have the mini versions of these purely because I wanted to try it out first before I bought the full size products, as you may know they're quite expensive. The skin care products come in 4 different types to make it suitable for your skin. Type 1: Very Dry/Dry, Type 2: Dry CombinationType 3: Combination Oily, and Type 4: Oily (when you go to a Clinique counter you'll be matched up to a certain type). I wash my face with the Liquid Facial Soap in mild for about 2 minutes, it forms a nice lather onto my skin. I then rinse off and pat my face dry with a clean towel. I then move onto the Clarifying Lotion which is a gentle exfoliate used to de-flake skin and help it reveal clearer skin. I pour the tiniest amount of this product onto a cotton pad (a little goes a long way with this product) and I sweep this all over my face but avoiding the eye area. Your face may start to tingle but that's okay because it means that it's working, I promise. Once that's all soaked in, I move on to the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion which is my favourite product out of all three. You only need a tiny amount of this product and it leaves my skin feeling so soft and hydrated throughout the whole day.

For my lips I always use a lip scrub every day and night. Lush's Mint Julips Lip Scrub is a perfect product for getting rid of any dead skin that may be lurking on the lips. This product smells amazing and leaves my lips feeling refreshed and tingly due to the mint oils. I like to follow this up by using a tiny bit of Vaseline to keep the moisture in my lips and then I'm good to go. 


CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan