BOOK REVIEW: LOVE, TAYNA BY TAYNA BURR

2:45:00 pm


(May contain some spoilers)
Tayna Burr is best known for her Fashion and Beauty YouTube Channel which she started off in 2009. She has worked hard and has become very successful over the years. She has released her very own Tayna Burr Cosmetics brand which consists of lip glosses and nail varnish, as well as her fairly new release of false eyelashes. She announced last year on her vlog channel that she was currently working on a book which was then released on January 29th 2015 and so far, it's been a big hit!

I purchased the book from Waterstones the day after it was released for £9.99 and I managed to complete the whole book within just a few days, I loved it that much. The book has a total of 303 pages and within those pages Tayna talks about a whole lot of different subjects. She talks a little bit about growing up which is where we get to know a little more about her friends and family outside of the YouTube community and she also talks more into detail about meeting Jim (her fiancée). In some of the other chapters, Tayna talks about Skincare Essentials where it goes into detail about how to generally take care of your skin. She also goes over the different skin types and talks about her top 10 skincare products. Her make-up chapter is all about different make-up brushes and how to use them, how to apply your make-up properly and she also lists some of her favourite make-up products. There's a section about hair and nails where we learn loads of different hair styles and how to do a home styled manicure for yourself. This book continues to deliver many different chapters such as fashion, love, baking and recipes, YouTube and confidence and happiness which is one of my favourite chapters - this chapter is where Tayna goes a lot more in depth about her Anxiety and she lists ways of dealing with Anxiety and also lists how to feel more confident about yourself. I love how this book is so different to any other book I've read as it focuses on many different topics, I also noticed that after every chapter there's a notes page where it tells you to list down a few things such as: list your funniest or most embarrassing moments, list the top ten items in your make-up bag, list the things to make yourself feel better when you're feeling down and so on. Therefore this book is also a bit interactive which I personally really enjoyed. I'm not a big reader myself however I loved this book so much and I just couldn't seem to put it down.

All in all, I really enjoyed this read and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in beauty and fashion. I think Tayna Burr did an amazing job!

You Might Also Like

0 comments