HOW TO ORGANISE YOUR WARDROBE

6:00:00 pm

I like to re-organise my wardrobe at least twice a year. I'm one of those people that tend to hoard my clothes even if I don't wear them anymore, therefore I like finding some time to myself where I can spend the day clearing everything out and making sure my wardrobe is up to date. I know some people don't know where to start when it comes down to clearing your wardrobe out so I've got a few helpful tips to make your wardrobe organization a bit more easier and less stressful. 

Step one: Wear something comfortable

I usually get changed into a comfortable pair of joggers and a plain baggy t-shirt. I also like to tie my hair back so it doesn't get in the way. Wearing something comfortable really does make a difference and it gets me in the mood to clean. 

Step two: Take everything out of your wardrobe

The first thing I like to do is to take every single piece of clothing out of my wardrobe and drawers. You'll be able to see how much space you now how for storing clothes once they go back in. As I take my clothes out of the wardrobe, I just simply chuck everything onto my bed in a big pile. 

Step three: Sort each item into piles

I like to go through each item of clothing and sort them into 4 piles.
Keep - Clothes that you wear often, items that are in good condition and still fit you
Store - Item of clothing that are out of season but you will wear when that season comes round again
Charity - Clothes that are in good condition but you don't wear anymore/don't fit you
Bin - Clothes that are genuinely no good to wear. Items that are stained, torn and have holes in them should go in this pile

If you're finding it difficult to choose which items you should keep or donate to charity then a little tip is to try the clothes on and ask yourself if you'd wear it again within the next month or so. If you're still stuck then try getting someone else's opinion like your mum or a friend to help you decide.

Step four: Deal with the piles

Once your clothes are sorted into different piles, make sure to take action and think about what you're going to do with them next. 
Keep - Leave the keep pile in the same place as you will be putting these back into your wardrobe.
Store - Make sure to think about where you're going to put all your out of season clothes that you have decided to store. Maybe put these items in a separate drawer until the appropriate season comes around. 
Charity - Bag up the items and think about where you want to donate them to. This could include a range of different charity shops or just one. Work out when you're going to visit the charity shops (write down a day in your diary to do this).
Bin - Throw all the unwearable clothes in a rubbish bag and simply throw them out. 

Step five: Clean the inside of your wardrobe

Now you're ready to start putting the items back into your wardrobe and drawers, however before I do that, I like to give my wardrobe a good clean with some cleaning spray and a cloth. Clean down the sides of your wardrobe and drawers and make sure to get right into the corners. It'll be very dusty but it makes everything feel better once it's clean. 

Step six: Return the clothes to your wardrobe

Everyone has a different way of organising things. Some people colour code their items and some people like to put the same items together which is what I like to do. Sort your wardrobe out however you'd like. I personally like to keep my dresses together, my jumpers together, casual t-shirts, going out tops, jeans, leggings etc. This way it's easier for me to find exactly what I want to wear for that day instead of opening a messy wardrobe and thinking 'I have nothing to wear'. Hopefully now you should have a much more organised, clean wardrobe and more space to put new items of clothing in.

You Might Also Like

0 comments