MY EVERYDAY MAKEUP ROUTINE

12:39:00 pm

My everyday makeup routine has pretty much stayed the same for a few months now. I only tend to change it for special occasions or nights out. I thought it would be fun to share what makeup I reach out for on an everyday basis. 

Primer: I always like using a primer before I apply anything as it creates a smooth, pore less base for when I do apply my foundation. I like using Rimmel's Lasting Finish primer which has quite a thick consistency to it, but manages to absorb into my skin pretty quickly. It also helps to make my foundation last throughout the whole day. 

Foundation: I do like to mix my foundation up every so often, however the one I have been reaching towards is the Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation in the shade 100 Ivory (the medium coverage). I have the full coverage version of this foundation but I find it to be too cakey for an everyday look, however the medium coverage gives off a good amount and doesn't look too full on. 

Concealer: My go-to all time favourite concealer is the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade cool medium. I pop a bit of this underneath my eyes and I like to blend it in with my fingers. It helps to cover up my dark circles and really brightens my under eye area.

Powder: I much prefer using loose powers rather than pressed powders as I find that they last a lot longer and loose powders manage to keep my skin matte throughout the whole day without any touch ups. Collection's Sheer Loose Powder works perfect for my skin and helps take any unwanted shine away from my face. I like applying this with my Real Techniques Powder Brush all over my face. 

Bronzer: I like to to contour my cheeks on a daily basis as I feel it gives my face a bit more definition. Benefit's Hoola Bronzer is my favourite bronzer when it comes to contouring as it's the perfect colour for my skin tone and doesn't look muddy in the slightest. I like using my Real Techniques Contouring brush to get a good contour line and then I like to blend that out using the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. 

Blusher: I'm not a big fan when it comes to blusher, my cheeks naturally flush sometimes so some colours can look too over-powering on me. My Rimmel blush in the shade Soft Rose is a very subtle pink shade that doesn't give off too much pigment. It's just a nice pop of colour.

Eyebrows: I like to shape and fill in my eyebrows with a powdered eye shadow in my Julian McDonald Star palette using the brown shade. Once I'm happy with the shape of them, I then like to set them in place with my Rimmel Brow this Way in the shade Dark Brown. This helps my brow hairs to stay in place throughout the day. 

Eye Shadow: I tend to keep my everyday eye shadow pretty simple. I start off by applying Maybelline Colour Tattoo in the shade On and On Bronze all over my lid, I like to apply it with my fingers and then blend it out with a blending brush so there's not harsh lines. I go in with my Naked 2 Pallette and pop the colour Tease in my crease and then blend everything together. I like to take a bit of Tease just under my eye to smoke the look out a bit. Using my Naked 2 Pallette again, I then take the shade Foxy and put that on my brow bone for a matte highlight. 

Eye Liner: Using 17's Gel Liner on a fine liner brush, I draw on a very thin line on my top lash line and then I like to wing it out at the corners. This gel liner stays put throughout the whole day and is very pigmented. 

Mascara: Firstly, I like to curl my lashes and then I like to use Rimmel's Wonder'Full Mascara which is my favourite to use on an everyday basis. It makes my lashes look so voluminous yet so natural looking. It really does a good job in separating my lashes and also keeps them in good condition due to the Argan Oil infused in this mascara. I like using this on my top and my bottoms lashes to complete my eye look. 

Lipstick: My everyday lipstick colour is Revlon's Matte Balm in the shade Sultry. It's a gorgeous mauve, pink shade. It's a very close colour to the famous Kylie Jenner lip. Even though it's a matte finish, it still manages to keep my lips very moisturized.

You Might Also Like

0 comments