TAYNA BURR'S LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE

5:22:00 pm

Today I was in the mood for some baking. I was having a lazy Sunday afternoon reading through some baking blogs and decided that I wanted to bake something also. I reached for Tanya Burr's book and flipped through the recipe chapter, the Lemon Drizzle Cake immediately caught my eye so I thought I'd give it a go. It turned out looking and tasting pretty amazing that I just had to share the recipe for those of you who don't know it yet. 

You will need for the cake:
170g Self-raising flour
170g Casting sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
170g butter
3 eggs
Zest of 2 lemons

You will need for the icing:
150g icing sugar
Juice of 2 lemons

Firstly, pre-heat your oven to 180°C. 
Add the butter and sugar into a big mixing bowl and cream together, once the mixture is light and fluffy, add in eggs and mix again. 
Sieve in the flour and baking powder then fold in the mixture until it turns into a nice cake batter consistency.
Zest 2 of your lemons by using either a zester or just a normal grater, then mix all the lemon zest into the cake batter.
Line a baking tin with either butter or use a non-stick baking tin, then pour all of your cake mixture into it.
Bake the cake for 35-45 minutes depending on the size of the tin and your oven. My cake took about 38 minutes before it was fully cooked. Make sure to slide a knife in the center of your cake and if it comes out completely clean then that's when you know the cake is done.

To make the icing just simply mix together the icing sugar and lemon juice. The recipe says to use 150g of icing sugar, however I only had 100g therefore I used less lemon. I managed to use 1 and a half lemons for the juice and it turned out just fine. When the cake is still warm and put onto a plate, poke holes in the cake with either a skewer or a knife and then pour over the lemon drizzle evenly so that it can soak into the cake. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments