Slider

TOP 10 TIPS TO KEEP YOUR HAIR HEALTHY

Sunday, 15 March 2015

(Picture from Pinterest. Edited by me)
I am a hair freak and I spend way too much time on my hair than normal. For about 6 months now, I have been trying to get my hair in a much healthier condition as my hair started to become very dry and damaged. I have seen a massive difference in how my hair looks and feels after trying a variety of different tips and tricks. I thought I'd share with you some of the things that I do to help keep my hair in a healthy condition. 

1. Don't wash your hair everyday
It may sound a bit gross to some people but I wash my hair 2 or 3 days a week. Our scalp produces it's own natural oils which is really healthy for your hair, they help to nourish and produce moisture in your hair strands. If you wash your hair every single day then you're technically stripping the natural oils from the scalp. I also find that the more you wash your hair, the more greasy it gets. 

2. Don't use as much heat
Using heat on your hair from either a blow dryer or straighteners/curlers can take out the moisture from your hair even more which results in your hair becoming dry and frizzy. I recently have only been using heat on my hair 2 times a week! Heat can burn your hair strands when overused. If you're someone who has to use heat every day, then make sure you're protecting your hair by using either a heat protectant shampoo and conditioner or a heat protectant spray. 

3. Don't tie your hair up too tight
When you're styling your hair into a pony tail or even a bun, make sure you don't tie the hair back too tight. This will increase the friction on your hair strands and can cause a lot of breakage and overall damage to the hair and scalp. 

4. Use hair treatments
It's so important to use a good hair treatment every once a week. You could buy a deep conditioning treatment for your hair type and use that instead of conditioner once a week, or you could go for a more natural option and use oils such as Coconut oil or Moroccan oil on your hair for a good 20 minutes before you wash it out with shampoo. This will help to improve the condition of your hair. 

5. Don't brush your hair when it's wet
Try to avoid brushing your hair when it's wet or damp because wet hair is much more prone to breakage. If you really have to brush it then make sure to use either a wide toothed comb or a detangling brush such as Tangle Teezer's Aqua Splash which is specifically designed to use on wet hair. 

6. Buy the right shampoos and conditioners
Make sure to buy the right shampoos and conditioners which is suited most to your hair type. If you dye your hair often then make sure to buy a coloured treated shampoo and conditioner, if your hair is dry then buy a moisture shampoo and conditioner. They have everything for each hair type.

7. Massage your scalp
When in the middle of shampooing your hair, try to gently massage your scalp for around 30 seconds before washing the shampoo out. This increases the circulation helping the hair to grow, and it can also prevent dandruff.

8. Eat healthy foods
Your diet has a massive part in the condition of your hair. Foods such as: Tuna, Salmon, Walnuts, Almonds and also Milk all contain omega-3 which are great for skin, hair and nails. Banana's contain Vitamin B-6 which is important to your hair. Protein is very essential and helps keep your hair looking healthy. Chicken, Eggs and Fish all contain a good amount of protein. 

9. Get regular trims
I find it hard to get my hair trimmed sometimes only because I love having long hair. It's very important to get regular trims every six to eight weeks to get rid of all those nasty split ends. Cutting off the split ends will prevent your hair from splitting even more.

10. Avoid hot water
When washing your hair, try to avoid using hot water. Lukewarm or even cold water works perfect on your hair as it helps to seal the cuticles which results in locking the moisture into your hair. When hair is blasted with hot water, it can dry out the strands and create tangles that could result into breakage.  
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan