HAIR CARE ROUTINE || UPDATED

12:36:00 pm

I did a hair care routine post last year when I was first starting up with my blog however, I don't use any of those products any more and my routine has been constantly changing throughout the months. I can never stick to one routine for the rest of my life as I'm always wanting to try new products, I seem to change up my routine every few months. Today I thought I'd share with you my current routine that I've been using for my hair. 

Colour
I don't colour my hair as much as I used to because my hair always used to get all dry and brittle afterwards. When I first started to dye my hair red, I used the Schwarzkopf XXL Colour 37 Hypnotic Red - I used to colour it every 3 months and it did a lot of damage to my hair. I stopped using that 3 years ago and now I only colour my hair once a year! I now use L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss 460 Cherry Red in semi-permanent which is less harsh on my hair. In the picture above, my hair looks a lot more red than what it actually is in real life. My hair is more of a dark red/brown now and I like letting my roots grow out a lot because then it creates a nice ombre  effect. 

Shampoo & Conditioner
I never stick to the same shampoo and conditioner. I always have to switch it up each month. My personal favourite shampoo & conditioner has to be either Aussie Miracle Moist or OGX Coconut Water. However this month I have been using Tresemme Luxurious Moisture as my hair has been on the dry side recently. It does a good job in getting rid of any excess oils or products in my hair and I would say it also does a good job with making my hair feel smooth and hydrated. I like to massage the shampoo into my roots but not on my ends only because the shampoo will cover the ends when I rinse it out. I then only like to put the conditioner onto the lengths of my hair rather than the roots because it gets less greasy that way. I only wash my hair twice a week, that may sound disgusting but my hair doesn't get greasy very often therefore twice a week works out fine for me.

Hair Mask
There are lots of different types of hair masks out on the markets today however I just like to use Coconut Oil. Pure, organic Coconut Oil has done wonders for the condition of my hair. It contains so many benefits for your hair such as: 

  • Prevents dandruff
  • Stimulates hair growth
  • Moisturizes dry/brittle hair
  • Adds shine and softness
  • Prevents hair breakage and split ends
  • Slows down hair loss
When I want to wash my hair, I'd usually take 2 tablespoons of this product and melt it in the microwave so that it turns to a liquid, then I'd smother it all over my hair starting from my roots going down to the ends of my hair - I'd then wrap my hair up in some cling film to make sure it does the job properly and I'd usually go to bed with it on and then wash it out in the morning. If I don't have time to do that, then I'd apply it the exact same way but just leave it on for an hour or so and then wash it out. I do this once a week and my hair is in much better condition that what it used to be. I would like to point out that sometimes, I do like to wash my hair twice just to make sure that there's not excess oil left in my hair otherwise it would look extremely greasy!

Heat Protection
I do use heat on my hair about 4-5 times a week therefore I do like to keep my hair protected from any heat appliances that touch it. I don't blow-dry my hair, I like letting my hair air dry itself however I do use straighteners to curl the ends of my hair and then straighten any front bits. I use Tresemme Keratin Smooth Heat Protector Spray and I like to spray that on dry hair and let it set before I use heat tools on it. I understand that you're meant to use heat protector spray on wet hair but I prefer using it on dry and make sure that your hair dries completely before you put straighteners onto it because if it's not 100% dry, you'll hear an awful sizzling sound where you're actually burning your hair. Not good. 

Oils
When I've just washed my hair, and when it's still damp - I do like to use some sort of oil. I've recently been using OGX Biotin & Collagen Weightless Reviving Oil Mist which I only spray a few times all over my hair and then brush it through with my Tangle Teezer Aqua Splash which is a brush designed for wet hair. This oil mist leaves my hair smelling amazing and also feeling smooth and thicker. It has Vitamin B7 Biotin which infused nutrients into each hair strand, it also has Collagen and Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein which creates the appearance of thicker, fuller and healthier looking hair. 

                                               

You Might Also Like

0 comments