HOMEMADE APPLE LOAF CAKE

2:01:00 pm


Today's post is going to be something a little bit different to what I would normally post. It's my day off and I really felt like baking something - I love baking ever since I was little when I used to bake cupcakes and cookies with my mum. There's something about Autumn that makes me crave homemade bakes. I decided to make this Apple Loaf Cake which is honestly one of my favourite cakes to bake. It's a really simple and easy recipe, and would be perfect for family gatherings or as a treat. 

You will need:
150g Caster Sugar
100g Unsalted Butter
100g Milk
2 Eggs
200g Self Raising Flour
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon of Nutmeg
2 Apples

Method:

1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 C 
2. Melt your butter in the microwave until melted and add to a clean mixing bowl. Add in your sugar and mix together until pale and creamy. 
3. Add in your 2 eggs and mix together. Then add in your Vanilla Extract and Milk. Give it a good whisk until smooth. 
4. Time to mix in your dry ingredients. First add in the Baking Powder, then the Nutmeg and then carefully sift in the flour. Combine the ingredients together by whisking until smooth and fluffy.
5. Leave the mixture to the side for now and start to peel and chop your apples up. They can be chopped to whatever size you prefer. I like to half them twice. Sprinkle some Nutmeg on the apples if preferred. 
6. Butter your loaf pan so that the mixture doesn't stick. Pour your wet mixture into the pan and spread it out evenly.
7. Use the chopped apples to poke them inside the top of the cake. 
8. Cook for around 50 minutes to an hour. Make sure to stick a knife through the middle of the cake and if it comes out clean then it's cooked.

Photo

You Might Also Like

0 comments