CHANEL SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL BRONZING MAKEUP BASE

10:45:00 am


I was very excited when I went to pick this product up from my local Debenhams store as I've been seeing it used in a lot of makeup tutorials and I've been wanting it each time. In some reviews that I've read, people seem to either love or hate this but for me, it's a staple to my makeup collection and I've been using it pretty much everyday since I bought it. 

The full name for this product is a mouthful: Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronze Universel Embellisseur Effet Hale Bronzing Makeup Base. Basically, it's a cream bronzer. This product works well in so many ways, it could be used alone, under makeup or over makeup for that bronzed skin effect. I seem to head towards cream products more often mainly because I love cream contouring rather than powder contouring as I tend to get really dry skin therefore creams always work that little bit better on me. 

The creamy mousse like texture of this product makes it easy to glide onto the skin smoothly and it blends out perfectly using either your fingers or a brush. It does contain silicone's however there's no greasy feeling and it doesn't feel too drying either, I feel like Chanel got the formula spot on. The shade is a perfect match for my skin and it's more on the warmer side which I love. 

The cream is very buildable, it can be used as a sheer hint of colour or it can be built up for that strong contoured look. I like going in with a flat brush to carve out my cheek bones, jawline, forehead and nose then I simply like to use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush (my favourite brush to blend out cream contours with) and I simply buff away any harsh lines leaving the contour looking very airbrushed and flawless. 

£32 for this product does seem like a lot of money which is why I was put off from buying it for a few months at first but apparently from what I've read and heard, this product does go a long way and it lasts for ages, therefore you do get your money's worth. I understand how sometimes most cream products tend to dry out however Chanel provides a plastic stopper which helps to prevent any air from getting inside once you've screwed the lid on so hopefully it stays nice and creamy for a long time. 

What's your favourite cream bronzer?

You Might Also Like

0 comments