Slider

BOURJOIS COLOUR EDITION EYE SHADOW // OR DESIR

Tuesday, 2 February 2016

Cream to powder eyeshadows are becoming more and more popular within the beauty industry recently. A few years ago, I was completely obsessed with the Maybelline Colour Tattoos, I managed to collect 5 of the shades and I still use them to this day. Bourjois is without a doubt, my favourite drugstore brand in the supermarkets - from their healthy mix foundation to the colour boost lipsticks, I love all of their products however I've never picked up any of their colour edition eye shadows even though I've had my eye on them for a long time. 

I picked up one shade just to try it out and see if I'd like it. The shade is 'Or Desir' and it's a gorgeous gold, bronzed colour. The packaging of this is very similar to the Maybelline Colour Tattoos therefore I thought that the formula and colour pay off would be near enough the same but I was completely wrong. The texture of this product is a lot drier and more powdery compared to the Maybelline ones. I also feel as if the colour pay off isn't that great, it gives off more of a sheer colour to the lids rather than a vibrant pigmentation. I love the finish of it though as they include metallic pigments inside which gives of a shimmery, satin finish. 

I feel like it worked best when applied with my fingers and then looked stunning once I blended it out with a brush. When testing the longevity of this product out for the first time, I put eye shadow primer on one lid and then on the other lid, I just used the cream product on it's own. None of them creased throughout the day however the primer side seemed to last a lot longer. The side where I used no primer started to fade away after a few hours of wearing. I would like to pick up a few more shades though because I think these shadows are perfect for an every day look. 

What's your favourite cream eye shadow? 
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan