Slider

DOES A MEN'S POST SHAVE BALM REALLY WORK AS A PRIMER?

Tuesday, 23 February 2016


I'm pretty sure near enough every girl has now tried out or heard of this little beauty trick - I tried it out for myself the other day and yes, it may sound completely ridiculous to some but this is now my favourite product to use as a makeup primer.

You're probably thinking who the hell came up with the idea to use Nivea Men Post Shave Balm as a primer? I found out from the gorgeous NikkieTutorials over on YouTube as I saw she was using this in a few of her videos and I was very intrigued to find out more about it. The second most used ingredient in this product is something called Glycerin which basically helps to attract moisture to the skin and anything that you smother on top of it, ends up sticking to it, therefore making it a fabulous working primer for makeup. 

I used this on my face the other day when I was going out to London so I could really put this bad boy to the test - I put my makeup on that day at 7:30am and by the time it got to 6:30pm, my makeup managed to hold up throughout the entire day! The only place it got a bit patchy was my nose because I was constantly touching my nose that day like I normally do, making that the reason as to why it rubbed off a bit there. The product has a very liquid, milky consistency and it feels very moisturising when applying this onto my skin. NikkieTutorials says the best way to apply it is with your fingers and simply rub this into your skin until you start to feel it getting a bit tacky - that's when you know when you should start applying your foundation. 

Seeing as it's a men's product, it does have a hint of a male scent to it however it goes away once you've applied foundation over the top. I personally love scent of this though. This product has definitely lived up to my expectations as it truly does work wonders as a makeup primer. I found that it help to minimise my pore, and keep my makeup looking fresh all day long. I purchased this from Superdrug at just £5.29 which is cheaper than most makeup primers out there on the markets today and you also get 100ml worth of product in here which is more than a regular primer. It's an absolute bargain for money and completely worth the hype. 


Have you tried this yet and what are your thoughts?
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan