GETTING STARTED WITH A BEAUTY BLOG

11:11:00 am


I started this blog back in 2014 and it's one of the best decisions I've ever made. I love and still do love reading other beauty bloggers and I've always wanted to start up a blog for myself. I adore everything makeup and beauty related that I just wanted somewhere I can sit down and write about my new items I bought and what I liked about them. I'm the sort of person who gets bored very easily when it comes down to 'hobbies' - I'd do something for a few days and then I'll get bored of it and never go back to it again, however blogging was a different situation for me as I enjoy it so much. There are some days where I do feel uninspired to blog which I'm sure every blogger has at some point in their life, however once I'm back into the swing of things I realized how much fun blogging actually is. It's a great way of expressing your creativity and showing your personality. I had no idea what I was doing when I first started blogging as it was completely new to me and it took a while for me to adjust to the whole platform of it all. I thought I'd put together a post of ideas and tips on how to get started with a beauty blog (I wish I knew these when I first started). 

BASIC PLATFORMS
The first thing you need to think about is what platform you want to use for your blog. The two main ones are Blogger (what I use) or WordPress. Blogger is much more simpler, therefore perfect for beginners and WordPress is a lot more professional. I still am and always will be with Blogger, mainly because I find it a lot easier to use and I can customise it to whatever I want. Your URL will either consist of "blogspot" or "wordpress" in them so if you're looking for your own personalised domain name then there's so many websites where you can purchase one from. 

BLOG DESIGN
The amount of times I've played around with the design and layout of my blog is crazy ridiculous. I think a blog should look clean and it should be easy to navigate around. I always get bored of my design and I've constantly changed it in the past - my background started off pink and has now changed to white and I've stuck to that ever since as I feel it's easy for the readers to concentrate more on the content. There are so many websites that offer free templates running around on the internet for both Blogger and WordPress which you can use and then just customise to how you want it to look. Useful links: 

CONTENT
The main thing when it comes to blogging. What do you want to blog about? You can write about anything whether it be beauty, fashion, lifestyle or film. Be yourself because it's up to you. The first thing to having 'good content' is to be yourself and be original. When writing a review about a product, give your own opinions and write about what you like. Another thing is to try and be consistent throughout your blog (I used to be bad at this). Try and blog at least 3 times a week or even 5 times a week - whatever suits your lifestyle best. I have days where I completely forget to blog for ages but then come back and blog for days on end, however I am getting more consistent with it now and it really does make a difference. I feel like lengths of your post don't matter when it comes to blogging, you should write as little or as much as you'd like to write. 

SOCIAL MEDIA
If you're looking for expand your blog followers and readers then I suggest you setting up a social media platform for your specific blog. Twitter and Instagram are both good ways to start sharing your blog with the world. You can follow other bloggers and you can get involved in beauty chats on Twitter which is another good way of getting noticed by bloggers. The Beauty Community is massive and there is so many new bloggers out there to meet and interact with. 

I hope this can give some new bloggers an insight into how to get started with a few things on your blog. You'll find out what suits you best along the way. Just go for it!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments