Slider

MAC LIPSTICK COLLECTION

Thursday, 18 February 2016

My collection of MAC Lipsticks has expanded a lot over the past year. My collection consists of more brown/mauve shades with a few pops of pink and reds. I do prefer more brown toned lipsticks on myself which explains why I've got a few of the similar coloured shades. As for the finishes, I love the lustre finish on me as I find it extremely comfortable to wear on my lips. I have quite a fair share of matte finishes which is surprising for me as I tend to stay away from many matte lipsticks because I feel that they dry my lips out too much, however MAC matte finishes are completely comfortable on my lips, they're not too drying an they stay on all day long. 

Shades from Left to Right:

Syrup (lustre) - This is actually my second purchase of this lipstick as I love it so much. It's a gorgeous everyday shade. It's a mauve, nude shade which I feel suits my skin tone perfectly. It's a lustre finish therefore it's comfortable and moisturizing on the lips. 

Creme in your Coffee (cremesheen) - I tend to stay away from cremesheen finishes as they're my least favourite finish. I feel them to be quite uncomfortable and sometimes a bit sticky feeling on my lips. However, I really do like to shade of this lipstick. It's along the lines of a pinky, brown toned lipstick. It's a lot more pink compared to my other brown lipsticks that I own.

Velvet Teddy (matte) - One of my first ever MAC lipsticks that I purchased. I heard so many good things about this lipstick and of course, back in the day I was completely obsessed with the whole Kylie Jenner lip colour. I love this shade. It's a perfect warm brown shade but not too dark therefore it's a good one for an everyday nude. 

Taupe (matte) - This is my go to lipstick on nights out whenever I'm doing a warm, bronzed smokey eye. It's very similar to Velvet Teddy however slightly more darker in colour. I get loads of compliments whenever I wear this shade.

Whirl (matte) - A recent addition to my lipstick collection. My best friend very kindly got this for me when she visited MAC. Again, it's a brown shade and it's a lot more darker than Velvet Teddy and Taupe.

Plumful (lustre) - Plumful is a very well loved lipstick of mine. It's a lustre finish, therefore it's more of a sheer colour to the lips. This is definitely a 'my lips but better' shade. It's a lovely plum/pink colour, good for an everyday use if you want a hint of colour. The formula is so creamy that it glides onto the lips like a dream.  

Flat out Fabulous (matte) - I got this one for Christmas and I was surprised with how much I liked it. It's not a shade that I'd usually go for as I don't really like bright pinks on myself however this does look really cool when it's paired with a warm eye look. It's a lovely bright pink shade and it's perfect for those girly nights out. 

Lady Danger (matte) - Also another recent addition to my MAC lipstick collection. I have wanted Lady Danger for such a long time and I finally bought it. It's just the most stunning red shade ever. It's more on the orange toned side of things and I just love how it looks on my lips.

Lady Bug (lustre) - Lady Bug is bit more of a darker red compared to Lady Danger however it's more on the sheer side due to the lustre finish therefore works really well as an everyday red shade.

What's your favourite MAC lipsticks?

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan