BOURJOIS ROUGE EDITION SOUFFLÉ DE VELVET

5:52:00 pm

I am a big fan of the Bourjois brand and all of there products hence why I was so excited when they released these new Rouge Edition Souffle De Velvet's! I tested this liquid lipstick out yesterday to give you a good understanding of how this product worked on my lips. 

The original Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick is a matte formula and the colour pigmentation is incredible, however I was really surprised with these new editions. The Souffle De Velvet's still dry completely matte however they have more of a sheer pigmentation to them. When I first applied this lipstick to my lips, it was very creamy but then felt kind of watery and then the colour seemed to die down into a light pop of colour and looked sort of like a tinted lip balm yet it dried completely matte. I have the shade 08 Carameli Melo and it's absolutely gorgeous. It's a muted red/pink shade - I chose this darker colour as I wanted it more for an everyday wear as I found most of the colours were very bright pinks or reds and I don't like bright colours on myself.

It claims to give 10 hour hold and hydration which I personally disagree with. Here's what it looked like when I first applied it to my lips:

And then here's what it looked like just 3 hours after I applied it:
As you can tell from the picture above, the colour seemed to rub off a bit in the middle parts of my lips and left a ring around the outside. You can also see if you look very closely that my lips were starting to flake a bit due to the matte formula completely drying my lips out which is weird because with the original velvet lipsticks, they don't seem to dry my lips as much as these ones did yet there the same matte finish. Odd. I did apply a bit of lip balm over the top of the lipstick and that seemed to help a lot for the next few hours that I was wearing the lipstick. By the end of the day, the colour didn't seem to have worn off much more and my lips didn't feel too bad but I believe that was because I went over it with that lip balm. I don't think I could've gone all day without having some sort of hydrating balm to help out my lips a bit as it was too drying for me.

I am a tad disappointed in this product however it may work completely different on other people. I don't think the fact that I have naturally dry lips helped either. I will on the other hand continue to use this lipstick as I do love the colour of it  but I think I'll just need to constantly touch it up. 


Have you tried this yet? What are your thought?

You Might Also Like

0 comments