7 BEAUTY HACKS EVERY GIRL NEEDS TO KNOW

2:19:00 pm

Picture source: Google // Edited by: Me
There has been so many beauty hacks/makeup hacks/ hair hacks floated around on the internet recently and I don't know about you guys but I love trying out new hacks that will hopefully make my life a bit easier when it comes to my beauty regime. I thought today I'd share with you my top 7 favourite beauty hacks which I think every girl needs to know about.

1. Using Coconut Oil to take off eye makeup
Sometimes it can be a pain to take off eye makeup, especially if you use waterproof mascara. I have tried a ton of cleansers and makeup removers however none of them work as well as just plain and simple Coconut Oil. It really helps me to break down and dissolve any product without taking up too much time, it's also very good for your lashes as it helps to condition them at the same time. 

2. Pencil Eyeliner
Have you ever had that one pencil eyeliner that looks good when swatched on the back of your hand but just doesn't show up as pigmented as you'd like it to when applied in your waterline? All you have to do is get some sort of lighter or match and put the tip of the pencil into the flame for 1-2 seconds and let it cool down completely. Your pencil will now have turned into more of a pigmented gel like formula which will last you throughout the entire day.

3. Mascara hack for longer eyelashes
I learned this little trick off of Ebony Day on YouTube, tried it for myself and it actually works! The trick is to curl your eyelashes like normal and then apply your mascara in a downwards motion (apply the mascara on top of your lashes and brush downwards) then just simply apply the mascara as normal and I can assure you that you'll be left with much longer/thicker looking lashes. 

4. Using card or tape to get the perfect winged eyeliner
I am rubbish when it comes to eyeliner especially when I try to re-create that perfect cat flick. Recently I've been using either a piece of card or even some tape to help guide me. Don't worry if you get some eyeliner on the tape because at the end you can just take the tape off and you have achieved your perfect winged liner look.

5. Spot cleaning your eye brushes using tape
Do you ever find when you're doing your eye makeup, that sometimes you completely forget to spot clean the product off the brushes afterwards therefore next time you use them, you make a mistake of adding that colour onto your eyes when you don't want it there? I do it all the time. I found a quick and easy trick to help get rid of any left over product build up on a brush by using tape. Fold the tape so that the sticky part is facing outwards, place on to some tissue or paper towel and start running your brush back and forth on the tape. The product comes straight off and sticks onto the tape. 

6. Use lip balm as an eyebrow gel
If you're running low or simply don't have any eyebrow gel on hand then a little trick is to pick up some lip balm (any lip balm will do, I prefer to use Vaseline) and just brush a little bit of that through the brows to help keep them in place for the day. Vaseline will also help to moisturize your eyebrows. 

7. Making a lipstick matte
If you want your regular lipstick to become a matte lipstick then simply apply to your lips and cover your lips with tissue, then apply some translucent powder over the top of the tissue. Pull away and you have a gorgeous matte lip. This will also prevent the lipstick from smudging on your teeth!

Let me know some of your favourite beauty hacks in the comments below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments