HOW TO DE-CLUTTER YOUR MAKEUP COLLECTION

1:17:00 pm

As a beauty blogger and an obsessed makeup junkie, it is extremely easy for me to constantly keep adding beauty products to my collection. It's something that I've been doing for years, I'll buy more and more makeup and then one day my collection will look very untidy and just a complete mess. I am such a hoarder when it comes to makeup, I hate having to throw products away! Very recently, I plucked my ideas up and I decided it was about time to have a huge makeup clear out. So today, I thought I'd share some tips on how to de-clutter your makeup collection.
 
Sort into categories
First off, make sure you get every single item of makeup out of your drawers/bags and sort each item into categories. For example, make a pile full of lipsticks and then another pile full of face powders and so on. This will actually give you a clear picture of what items you have and you'll be sure to stumble across a few that you forgot you even owned.
 
Throw away expired makeup
This was so hard for me to do as I hate having to throw away unfinished makeup products. I never realised how important it was to throw away any expired makeup - using any old makeup can actually cause bacteria infections which is never good. Go through each pile one by one and throw away anything that is old. You'll know when a product has expired because it'll usually give off a funny smell but here's a list of how long products last:
Mascaras: 2-3 months
Liquid Eyeliner: 6 months - 1 year
Liquid Foundation: 6 months - 1 year
Concealer: 6 months - 1 year
Cream Eye shadow: 1 year
Lip-gloss: 1 year
Lipstick: 2 years
Powder Eye shadow: 2 years
 
Give items away
Now that you've thrown out any expired products, it's time to go through each pile again and find all the items that you don't use anymore. If there's products that you haven't used in a good 2-3 months then it's about time you should give it away to either friends or family members who will probably use it more than yourself.
 
Organise
Now that you have successfully de-cluttered your makeup collection, make sure to put everything back into your drawers/bags neatly because it looks pretty that way and it makes it a lot easier to find products. I like using random old boxes or containers to put items in and I like storing them back into my drawers in order. You can even label each box according to what products are inside there. You now have more space to add any new makeup product that you next purchase into your collection. To stay on top of your collection, it's recommended to do this every year.
 
How often do you de-clutter your collection?

You Might Also Like

0 comments