MY MAKEUP STORY TAG

2:32:00 pm

 Today's post is going to be something a little bit more chatty and different. When I first started blogging, I loved reading and writing tag posts because I love the fact that I could get to know a little bit more about some of my favourite bloggers. I thought to myself the other day that I haven't actually written a tag post in quite a while and I kind of miss it, therefore whilst browsing through the internet, I came across this beauty related tag called My Makeup Story and thought I'd give it a go.
I tag: tmcmakeup // LittleMissGlam // ohitssare // Life By Becky 

1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup?
I was probably around 12/13 when I started wearing makeup. I didn't get into foundation until I was about 14 and I used to use Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation which I'm sure every girl used at some point in their lives haha. When I first started I only used to wear some blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara. 

2. How did you get into makeup?
I'm such a girly girl and I've always been interested in makeup from a young age but as I got older and older my love for makeup just increased. My best friend and fellow blogger Taylor (tmcmakeup) is also really into makeup therefore we literally talk about new products all the time!

3. What are some of your favourite brands?
Revlon, MAC, Too Faced, Urban Decay, Benefit and Maybelline.  

4. What does makeup mean to you?
I think for me, makeup is a massive hobby. I like to see it as a form of art. I also like how it can be a way to hide or enhance certain features.

5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face, what would they be?
Foundation, Bronzer, Mascara and Lipstick.

6. What's your favourite thing about makeup?
Being able to play around with different colours and products to achieve a variety of looks.

7. What do you think about drugstore makeup vs high end makeup?
I think it shouldn't matter whether makeup is drugstore or high end, I like buying the products that work good and well with my skin. I own some high end products but I also believe that there's no point in spending so much money on something when there's a cheaper drugstore dupe that works just as well. I love both drugstore and high end makeup!

8. What is one tip of advice you can give a beginner? 
Keep practicing. When I first started out, I had no clue what I was doing and I ended up making so many mistakes. Makeup is just makeup, it wipes off and you can practice it over and over again. 

9. What is one makeup trend you never understood?
Strobing. It's not like I don't understand it, it's just I don't know how to do it properly! Whenever I try, I end up looking like a over glittery mess. 

10. What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube?
I love how there is so many videos regarding to the whole beauty sector side of things. YouTube is the main place where I learned how to do my makeup and it's also where I got most of my product recommendations from. I like it's a great way to express yourself and your love of makeup. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments