TARTE RAINFOREST OF THE SEA FOUNDATION

1:29:00 pm

Tarte Cosmetics recently launched their new Rainforest of the Sea collection and after hearing so many good things about this collection, I decided to try out their brand new Rainforest of the Sea foundation. 

I find that Tarte can be a hard brand to get hold of here in the UK until I came across the QVC website which stocks Tarte Cosmetics products and I was extremely excited to find out that they stocked the brand new collection. The foundation came along side the matching brush all for just £31.20 which I didn't think was too bad considering the Tarte website sells the foundation for £28 and the brush was selling for an extra £22. I first off want to talk about how incredible the packaging is. The foundation is held in a beautiful frosted glass bottle with a purple and gold coloured lid to it. What makes this foundation a lot different to my other foundations that I own is the fact that it doesn't have a pump, instead it has a dropper. You simply just have to push the button at the top of the lid to help dispense the product out, this helps to control how much product you use. 

I got this in the shade light sand which is actually a perfect match for my skin tone. I wanted this foundation for ages but at the same time I was very hesitant about buying it because it is a water based product. I don't normally like water based foundations as I find they tend to streak more on my skin and they don't give me the coverage that I would like. However, this is one of my favourite foundations that I have tried in ages. (I even think I like it more than my trusty Bourjois Healthy Mix) It has a medium coverage which you can easily build to a full coverage yet it doesn't feel heavy on the skin, in fact it doesn't feel like I'm wearing foundation at all as it's so light weight. The foundation gives more of a satin finish to my skin, it gives my skin a healthy looking glow and manages to stay radiant throughout the day. I find it to be very hydrating on my skin also. Considering this is a water based foundation, it seems to last me throughout the entire day when used with a primer beforehand. 

The one thing I'd say that I don't like about this product is that on the website it says to use 2-3 drops of this product for a medium coverage however when I did this, it only managed to cover half of my face so I ended up using 3 more drops for the other half. Overall I end up using 6 drops worth of product to cover my entire face therefore I feel like I'm always using way too much of the product and I feel like I'll run out of this pretty quickly. Apart from that everything seems to be going really well and I have been enjoying this foundation a lot and I would definitely purchase this again. I find it's a lovely foundation to use during the spring and summer months as it's so lightweight and very hydrating.

You Might Also Like

0 comments