THE PERFECT ILLUMINATING BASE ON A BUDGET

10:26:00 am

Around this time of the year, I'm always trying to achieve the perfect dewy/glowy skin. Entering the summer time makes me want to skip out on the heavy matte look and go for something more lighter and healthier looking. I still tend to use my regular day to day foundation however the one thing that I do like switch around is my primers. Illuminating primers are very much on trend right now, they help to give your skin that glow from within. A lot of high end brands have a huge variety of illuminating primers or bases that help you to achieve a glowy look however I've recently noticed that the drugstore are starting to bring out more affordable illuminators that seem to work just as good. I have managed to found the perfect combination of glowy primers that seem to work wonders on my skin, and they are both very affordable. 

I like to start off with using Miss Sporty Insta Glow Primer as my first base product. This retails for just £3.49 in Superdrug and you get 30ml of product. Not only does this product give your skin a natural looking glow but it also helps with the longevity of your makeup. This is not one of those silicone based primers however it has a beautiful silky smooth texture to it which helps to prep and prime the skin ready for foundation. I've also noticed that it instantly evens out your skin tone, once again prepping the skin for all the makeup you're putting on top. 

Once I let the primer sink in for a few seconds I like to move onto applying Seventeen Skin Wow Primer onto my cheeks, forehead and nose. This just gives my skin the extra glow and highlight. It makes my skin look very healthy and glowy which is the look I'm wanting to achieve. This product retails for £5.99 in Boots and you get 30ml of product. If any of you know or watch MyPaleSkin on YouTube then you'll know that she uses this product a lot and her skin always looks incredible. This is actually a really interesting product as it's a 3 way highlighter - you can use it as a primer, or to add to your foundation (which I am yet to try) or you can apply this to your cheek bones as a liquid highlighter. This product really does help to waken up my skin, just remember to only use a tiny bit of this as a little goes a long way. 
The Miss Sporty primer is watched on the top of my hand and the Seventeen primer is swatched underneath. As you can see the Miss Sporty one has more of a pink undertone to it however once you've buffed it into your skin, the pinkness disappears and actually evens out your skin tone. The seventeen primer is more of an intense pearl looking highlight which helps to boost the glow on your skin. 

What's your favourite glowy bases? 
I'm always on the hunt for some more!

You Might Also Like

0 comments