BEAUTY ON A BUDGET // W7 COSMETICS

12:09:00 pm

When I first started wearing makeup, I seemed to lean towards the more cheaper products such as those foundations that were too orange for me, the bright pastel coloured eyeshadows that looked awful on me as I didn't know what blending was back then and those awful lipsticks that felt like wax on my lips. I feel like the world of makeup has changed a lot and these days we have more choices to play around with to achieve the looks that we want without spending ridiculous amounts of money. Nowadays, drugstore brands are creating products that have the same pay off and quality as some higher end brands. W7 Cosmetics is a prime example for this. Their range of products are very affordable yet still manage to give that incredible pigmentation and quality. W7 created their famous eyeshadow palettes which are dupes for the Urban Decay Naked palettes, they're very popular as it means you don't have to spend £30 for a high end palette when you can pay £9.95 for a dupe that works pretty much the same. I was very excited when W7* sent me some of their products to try out and review, let's just say I was very impressed with these. 

This blush is stunning. It's a multi colour blush therefore has a variety of different shades as you can see in the picture above. Some shades are more matte and some have more of a shimmer to them which creates a gorgeous highlighted look on the cheeks. When I first used this, I think I underestimated just how pigmented it was. I used so much on my brush which was a big mistake as this product goes a long way, it's highly pigmented and the formula feels smooth and silky which makes it easily blendable. Can we also just take a moment to appreciate how gorgeous the colours are? This blush retails for £5.95.

I never normally use a brow pencil to fill my brows in with as I sometimes find them to stiff and waxy to use. This was the complete opposite with this product. It's a 3 in 1 brow pencil therefore you get the brush to comb through your brows, you get the pencil to fill them in and you also get a clear wax on the opposite end to keep the hairs in place. If I'm honest, I'm not a big fan of the wax but I think that's mainly due to the fact that I prefer to use a gel to set my brows in place. On the other hand, I am simply in love with this pencil. It glides on so smoothly and the formula of this is very creamy which I love. I use this to outline the shape of my brows before going in with a pomade to fill them in, I also like to lightly use this at the front of my brows to gently create little like hair strokes where my brows are the most sparse. This retails for £4.99.


Fashion Lipstick The Pinks in Negligee  
I wouldn't class this as a pigmented lipstick, as it's more of a sheer lip tint on me. The pink packaging is absolutely beautiful and very unique to anything I own, same goes to the lipstick. The shade is gorgeous, it's a sheer baby pink shade and has a lot of shimmer to it. I personally wouldn't wear this shade on it's own as I don't normally go for pinks as they don't suit me however I have been playing around with this to try and make it work and I've found a solution which I have been doing for the past few days. I put on my regular lipstick for the day and then I take a bit of this shimmer lipstick and apply it on top to give that metallic lipstick effect which is on trend right now. I like using a dark brown liquid lipstick for this as I feel like it gives the best effect and it's a whole lot cheaper than purchasing your own metallic lipstick. This retails for £3.50.

Lashtastic Mascara  
I honestly think I've found my new favourite mascara. This mascara has a thick barrel wand with short bristles so you can create that perfect voluminous look. The bristles do an amazing job at separating the lashes whilst still managing to curl them nicely. You can also use this on the bottom lashes to create a dramatic effect and it also doesn't smudge underneath your eyes which is always a good sign. I believe this is one of the cheapest mascaras I have tried yet it works absolute wonders and I will probably be re-purchasing this as soon as it runs low. This retails for £4.95.

Have you tried any W7 Cosmetics products?

You Might Also Like

0 comments