Slider

BOOK REVIEW: ALL THE BRIGHT PLACES

Tuesday, 2 August 2016

When I was younger I used to read books all the time. Mainly it was the Jacqueline Wilson books because come on, they were amazing right? As I've gotten older, I seem to spend more time on social media rather than getting stuck into a good book. I read The Fault in our Stars a few years back before the film came out and I absolutely obsessed over it that I ended up reading it all over again a few months later. That book made me realise how much I love and miss reading. Zoe Sugg, mostly known as Zoella posted a video a while ago about her new book club with WHSmith's and she showed us a  few of her favourite books that she enjoyed reading. The one that caught my eye the most was All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven as I've seen many people go on about how great this book is and I've also read some really good review about this one. I jumped on the band wagon and purchased a copy for myself.

I'm going to try my very hardest not to give any spoilers away for those who haven't read this book yet. The story follows the lives of two very different characters: Violet Markey and Theodore Finch who both go to the same school. The story starts off with them meeting on top of the bell tower from school, both wanting to take their own lives for different reasons. Violet is still grieving over her sister's recent death and Theodore has depression (a mental health disorder). They both pair up together on a school project to discover the 'natural wonders' of their state. The story shows how their friendship grows, how Theodore falls in love and how he can only be himself around Violet, whilst it also focuses on their family life at home and how both characters have very different background to one another. 

If you've read and loved The Fault in our Stars then you will without a doubt love this book too. It's really an amazing young adult book which will make you laugh, smile and cry. I do recommend having some tissues with you because I did shed a tear or two. I managed to read this book in 2 days, it was one of those that I just didn't want to put down. The book is filled with great quotes and inspirational life lessons that I found it impossible not to come out of this without feeling a bit of inspiration about life.   

What's your favourite Young Adult book?
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan