Slider

SPECTRUM BRUSHES (THE PRETTIEST BRUSHES EVER)

Monday, 19 September 2016

I did a blog post a few weeks back on essential makeup brushes that I feel like everyone needs in their collection and as you can tell, I am obsessed when it comes down to makeup brushes so you've probably guessed how excited I am right now to be talking about these new Spectrum 8 Piece Eye Blending Set!* The lovely people over at Spectrum actually sent me these brushes and I was literally like a little kid at Christmas when the package arrived at my door. 

First off, can we just take a moment to appreciate how pretty these are? The most instagrammable brushes ever. They're so pretty that I even keep them in their own little makeup brush holder. The gorgeous baby pink along with the mermaid blue and purple work wonderful together and I was actually scared of using these at first mainly because I didn't want to get them dirty. 

This set retails for £29.99 which I think is a great affordable price considering that the quality of these brushes are just insanely good. The collection includes:

  • A16 - Precision Crease brush is perfect for when you want to create a sharp looking cut crease which are on trend at the moment. I also like using this to help conceal underneath my brows as the bristles are short and flat so it works perfectly. 
  • B06 - Tall Tapered Blender brush is one of my most used brushes out of this collection. It's incredibly soft and the tapered shape to it makes it easier to blend out eyeshadows. I love using this brush when applying my transition shade as it blends to a soft, professional finish. 
  • B04 - Small Angled Shader brush comes in handy when it comes down to applying colour in the outer corners of your eyes. When I'm using a darker colour on my outer corner, I use this brush to help blend it out and also into the crease. 
  • A08 - This Medium Fluffy Shader brush can be used for a multiple of things. You can use this to pack colour directly onto the lid or to help blend out colours on the crease. I found that this brush also works well when it comes down to applying cream eyeshadows. 
  • A07 - Stubby Shader brush. This works well in the inner and outer corners as well as blending out colour when creating that cut crease. It's very densely packed with bristles yet still managed to pack colour onto the lid without any fuss. 
  • A12 - Fluffy Pencil brush is the one I use when it comes to applying shadow on my lower lash line. It applies colour and blends it out at the same time from how soft and fluffy it is. I also like using this to apply a brow bone highlight as well as a inner corner highlight. 
  • A13 - This Short Smudge brush is perfect for when I want to create a smokey eye look. I like to pack on dark colour on the outer corners of my eyes with this and then blend it out with a blending brush. It's also another good brush for lining your lower lash line. 
  • C06 - Tulip Eye Contour, I loved the name of this brush because it goes with my blog name! It also managed to do a wonderful job with blending and contouring in the sockets of your eyes to add more depth and dimension. 
Each individual brush is so incredibly soft that they work amazingly well on my eyes to help me achieve that perfect look. Since receiving these in my post, I haven't stopped to pick up any of my old eye brushes because I feel like none of them can compare to how these beautiful Spectrum ones feel. All of the brushes are made from the highest quality synthetic hair. They're also Vegan and Cruelty free which is always a good thing! It's also useful to mention that these brushes wash really well, they don't lose there shape and I sometimes feel that after you wash brushes, they can tend to feel a bit rough however these ones are super soft and work exactly the same as if they're brand new! This is the first I've tried of Spectrum Brushes, I know that I will definitely be trying some more out in the future as these are just the best. 

Have you tried anything from Spectrum?

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan