4 Things I'd Like To Achieve In 2017

4:18:00 pm

Let’s start this off by saying, I am terrible when it comes down to ‘New Year Resolutions’. I wrote a post last year about my 2016 resolutions and I didn’t stick to them. Great one Charlotte. Instead of writing about resolutions, I have decided instead to write about the things that I would like to achieve this year, kind of like a wish list if you will. These are some of the things that I would like to happen this year however if not, there’s always next year.

“There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind” – C.S Lewis

Travel more:
This isn’t meant for just this year but also for the next few years that are ahead of me. For someone who lives with anxiety, I sometimes find it difficult to travel around new places therefore I usually like to stick to the places that I have already been to as it’s more comforting. My anxiety is slowly getting to the point where I’m okay with travelling to new places, I just need to break out of my comfort zone and actually do something about it. I went away in May of last year to Amsterdam, which was my first plane flight since 6 years. Despite having a panic attack at the airport, I managed to get on that plane and land safely in one of the most beautiful cities. I’m a very nervous traveler, therefore I can’t even explain the happiness I felt when I managed to look past my anxiety on this trip. It’s made me want to go out there and discover more beautiful places that are in this world.

Write about whatever I want:
Last year there was a point in my life when I wasn’t 100% happy with my blog and the contents of it. I’m still not 100% happy with it but that is something I’d like to improve as I go. There would be times when I’d write up a blog post that I like and then delete it straight after because my immediate thoughts would be ‘No one is going to like reading that’ or ‘No one cares’. Thinking back at those moments, it’s actually quite sad. I started my blog as a hobby thinking no one would read it, but when I actually started gaining followers and views it made me feel very conscious about what I wrote. Stop it Charlotte. Obviously it’s great when I get views and comments on my posts but I need to learn to write about whatever the hell I want, it’s my blog at the end of the day. I need to stop worrying about views & comments and just post what makes me happy.

Take up Yoga:
Yoga is something that I have thought about doing for a while now but have never gotten around to it. I’ve been doing a lot of research about the benefits of yoga and what it can do to your body: lowering blood pressure, increasing circulation and lowering bad cholesterol. It can also be a brilliant way of helping with anxiety due to the breathing methods it uses. I am wanting to find some good YouTube videos or even take up some yoga classes every now and then.

Save Save Save:
Saving money is going to be a recurring goal of mine which I have been doing and need to continue doing. It’s recently been hard for me to save due to work situations but I’m going to try and get back on track with everything hopefully soon. My boyfriend and I decided to open up a joint savings account and have been putting money in there each month. We are both saving for holidays and of course, our own little house. It’s going to be a good few years before we can actually get one though however it’s great to start saving as soon as you can (something that we didn’t do). I want to continue saving for the future years ahead and see where the journey takes us.

What things would you like to achieve this year? 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You Might Also Like

0 comments