Slider

5 Minute Holiday Makeup

Monday, 3 July 2017

After being away for a week, soaking up the sun in Portugal – I’m back! It was one of my favourite holidays that I have ever been on and I’m already planning another one for next year. On holiday, I like to keep my makeup as simple as possible especially if I’m going to a hot country as there’s nothing more annoying than constantly having your makeup melted off by the scorching sun. I never worry about wearing makeup during the day whilst I’m away, it’s only really during the evenings at around dinner time that I like to make a bit of effort however it’s always very minimal.

I don’t bother with any foundation on holiday as most of the time, I genuinely don’t need it and I don’t want it melting off within the next 30 minutes after application. Instead I like to use a Bourjois Radiance Reveal Concealer to cover up any of the main blemishes or redness that I’m most concerned about. I pretty much just use the warmth of my fingers to gently blend it into my skin and I don’t even set it with powder afterwards, as I have such dry skin (especially when I’m on holiday) that I don’t need to use a powder to set it in place as I know it’ll most likely hold up on its own.

I don’t tend to bother with my brows on holiday as they’re quite naturally ‘bushy’ anyway therefore I feel like I don’t need to do much to them other than brush them through with a spoolie. If I can actually be bothered with them, I’ll use the Rimmel Brow This Way just to give them a bit of colour whilst also setting them in place for the evening. Now, I’m a huge eyeshadow lover and I feel like I cannot go a day without wearing some sort of colour on my lids but instead of using up so much time trying to figure out what eyeshadow look I want each day, this is where Maybelline Colour Tattoo comes in handy. I use the shade Rose Gold to create a wash of colour over my lids that ends up lasting throughout the whole evening without having to do too much work.

I can’t leave the house in the evenings without a bit of eyeliner and mascara, I feel like my eyes look naked without them on. Maybelline Satin Eyeliner is perfect for defining my lash line and the tip is so fine that you don’t have to worry about creating a super thick line. Benefit Roller Lash is my go-to mascara to get those beautiful curled lashes with the volume included and you don’t have to worry about your lashes clumping together with this one. Lastly, I like to finish my look with a moisturising lipstick as it’s very easy for your lips to get dried up during your holidays due to the sun. Maybelline Colour Sensational in Velvet Beige is the perfect everyday nude shade on the slightly warmer brown tone side. Its super moisturising yet stays on the lips for the whole evening without having to re-apply so many times.

That’s it! My super quick and easy 5 minute makeup that I like to wear on holiday to feel more put together when I only have very limited time. Do you wear makeup on holiday? 
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan